Data Management Association of Puget Sound
Spring Conference - Call for Presentations
DAMA Day 2018
Future Trends in Data Management
· How is the rapid pace of new and emerging data technologies impacting traditional Data Management disciplines?
· What are Data Management opportunities and challenges within: Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Advance Analytics, Data Visualization, IoT and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What is DAMA?
The Data Management Association of Puget Sound (DAMA-PS) is a community of information management professionals who are seeking to improve the standards of data management, share information and experience, and establish professional networks.
The focus of the conference:
The target audience
Thursday May 17th, 2018
Embassy Suites, Bellevue
Address: 3225 158th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98008
The one-day conference will open with a keynote speaker, followed by overview presentations from seasoned practitioners and experts in the fields of Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Advance Analytics, Data Visualization, GDPR, and more. This will be followed by shorter case study presentations, which emphasize how traditional data management processes will need to adjust in this new world.
1. How are data management organizations changing in response to the rapidly evolving data landscape?
2. What are examples and strategies for attracting, retaining and developing data management professionals?
3. What are strategies for balancing investments in new and emerging data trends vs. traditional data management foundational capabilities (Governance, Data Quality, Security, Metadata, etc.)?
4. How is the pending General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) release impacting enterprise security, data and information strategies?
5. Hear about case studies and project examples highlighting how investments in Data Management initiatives impact the bottom line and ROI.
6. What are the major business and modern data management challenges in the future?
7. What are examples of architectural approaches and best practices?
Speaker Presentation Conditions
1. Speakers should target a 50-minute presentation including question and answers.
2. All speakers must agree to provide their presentation to DAMA-PS in electronic form (PowerPoint is required), no later than March 15, 2018. This is necessary to prepare the conference proceedings and documentation.
3. By submitting a proposal, the speaker agrees to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event. These terms provide that copyright in original presentation material remains with the speaker, however DAMA-PS is granted the right to record, reproduce and distribute each presentation in all forms of printed format not limited to, the conference proceedings, printed attendee notes, the conference web site, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog), without royalties or fees payable to speaker. Sorry, there are no exceptions to these requirements.
4. All presentations will require preview and pre-approval by the DAMA-PS Board of Directors for commercial content. Any speaker who is judged by the DAMA-PS Board to have made an inappropriate sales pitch for his/her own company, book, product or service during a conference session risks having their presentation interrupted and/or halted, and will not be invited to participate at future conferences.
5. By submitting a proposal, speaker agrees that he/she has permission from his/her company to make the presentation under the terms outlined in this Call for Presentations. If you do not have approval at the time you make the proposal, you must indicate this clearly.
If you are interested in presenting at this event, please contact at email@example.com
© DAMA Puget Sound 2017