Premera Blue Cross
Data Governance Lead (Enterprise Data Steward)
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a Data Governance Lead reporting to the Data Governance Office, you will execute on our road map to implement our enterprise data governance framework and stewardship and quality program for Premera. This is an opportunity to use your data governance and data quality skills and experience to influence and guide how we operationalize data stewardship and quality at Premera, including how the team receives, tracks, prioritizes, measures, and monitors issues related to data quality.
What you’ll do:
· Support the Data Governance Manager in a multi-year effort to mature our data governance discipline through incremental improvements and management of the ongoing program
· Work broadly across all levels of the enterprise to drive improvement of data quality, reliability, and the implementation and tracking of data quality metrics
· Design, document and maintain processes, training, and procedures related to data quality and stewardship
· Influence and assist with roll out of our Data Stewardship and Quality program
· Consult with Project Management Office to ensure projects are following data governance standards and processes
· Assist in the definition and development of data governance measurements and track, monitor and publish data governance scorecards
· Provide leadership, education, and communication to others on data governance, stewardship and quality activities
What you’ll bring:
· Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or related field or four (4) years’ related work experience
· Eight (8) years of experience in working with data governance / data management roles and/or programs including 4 years in a leadership role
· Experience in data analytics, trend analysis, data profiling, and communicating concepts to a variety of audiences
· Implementing industry standard quality metrics, data management services and capabilities, and data quality solutions
· Proven change agent with deep understanding of change management processes
· People-oriented disposition with a passion for collaboration and relationship building
· Passion! This build is in its infancy. Join us to build and implement a critical initiative that impacts the entire organization and our customers.
What we offer:
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Medical, vision and dental coverage
· Life and disability insurance
· Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
· Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
· Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
· Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
· Free parking
© DAMA Puget Sound 2018