Call for Candidates!
DAMA-PS is now accepting applications from individuals who would like to run for a Board position. Board member positions are listed on About Us -> Board of Directors Openings.
Each of the Board positions is for a term of one year. Interested candidates should be prepared to commit to attending a minimum of up to 9 board meetings per year, monthly chapter meetings plus any required meetings for work on Board committees. Typical board commitment is 8-12 hours per month.
To apply, please email your responses to the following questions firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your full name
- Years of experience in Data Management or related fields of work
- Experience with DAMA (DAMA experience not required)
- Experience in leadership roles, such as work or others, including other professional organizations. This is optional. You can indicate this is a development goal for yourself.
- Why you want to be part of the Board
- Why this particular role interests you
- Anything special you think you would bring to this role
Please keep your profile brief - it should not be a resume. Ideally, it will take up a half page or less per candidate. The profiles will be distributed to chapter members of the DAMA-PS Board and may be distributed as handouts at a special Board meeting to help people make informed decisions.
Criteria for Candidature
Potential candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the development and growth of the Data Management profession
- Able to commit 8-14 hours a month to Board and Board Committee work which includes regular attendance at monthly Executive Board meetings
- Be a member of DAMA International and the Puget Sound Chapter (this is a requirement to serve on the Board of Directors)
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Show previous Board-level experience
- Agree to and sign the DAMA-International Code of Ethics
- Show support for the DAMA-PS values of:
- Shared Vision
If you have any questions about the election process or would like more information about the open Board positions, please email DAMA-PS President Jeff Johnson at email@example.com
We thank all potential candidates for their interest in participating in the development and growth of DAMA Puget Sound.