DAMA-PS Board of Directors 2016 - 2017 Election Call for Candidates!
Candidate applications are being accepted May 1 to May 15, 2016
On May 30, 2016, DAMA-PS will be holding elections for the seven Board of Directors positions. DAMA-PS is now accepting applications from individuals who would like to run for a Board position. Board member positions are listed on About Us -> Board of Directors Openings.
Each of the Board positions is for a term of one year. Interested candidates should be prepared to commit to attending a minimum of up to 9 board meetings per year, monthly chapter meetings plus any required meetings for work on Board committees. Typical board commitment is 8-12 hours per month.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2016
To apply, please email your responses to the following questions firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Your full name
- Years of experience in Data Management or related fields of work
- Experience with DAMA (OK if you are brand new to the DAMA)
- Experience in leadership roles (work or other, including other professional organizations. As above, OK if none. You can indicate this is a development goal for you)
- Why you want to be part of the board
- Why this particular role interests you
- Anything special you think you would bring to this role
Please keep your profile brief - it should not be a resume. Ideally, it will take up a half page or less per candidate. The profiles will be distributed to chapter members of the DAMA-PS Board and may be distributed as handouts at a special Board meeting to help people make informed decisions. Once the slate of candidates for the election is approved by the Board, the candidate bios will be emailed to the Seattle Chapter members prior to the election on May 30, 2016.
Criteria for Candidature
Potential candidates will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the development and growth of the Data Management profession
- Able to commit 8-14 hours a month to Board and Board Committee work which includes regular attendance at monthly Executive Board meetings
- Be a member of DAMA International and the Puget Sound Chapter (this is a requirement to serving on the Board of Directors)
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Show previous Board-level experience
- Agree to and Sign the DAMA-International Code of Ethics
- Show support for the DAMA-PS values of:
- Shared Vision
If you have any questions about the election process or would like more information about the open Board positions, please email DAMA-PS President Mike Mueller at email@example.com.
We thank all potential candidates for their interest in participating in the development and growth of DAMA-PS, Seattle.